1. You don’t need to open and install MrtSetup.exe, just unzip it, then MRT software can be used.
2. There is MrtKey.txt in the folder of MRT. Actually, it is the registration code. After you re-install or upgrade MRT software, you don’t need to go to the user center to copy the registration code. As long as hardware of computer is not changed, the former MrtKey.txt can still be used. You can just copy the characters in MrtKey.txt to the dialog box of registration code instead of getting it on the website.
3. Shortcut: power on the hard drive with F11, power off the hard drive with F12.
4. Data recovery for Seagate Greanda HDDs:
After head swap, disable relocation for bad sectors in the menu “Edit HDD ID”. After that, go to Data Explorer, set UDMA read timeout = 100, soft reset time = 50, hard reset time = 3000, disable power reset. Then start file image. The program will skip bad blocks automatically. In this way, the head can be protected from being damaged. When file image is finished, increase UDMA read timeout and redo it.
(Provided by Waqas Ali)
5. For 7200.12 ST3500413AS, we need to write JC49 firmware, not CC49 firmware for most 7200.12 disk.
Tips for MRT Pro
There is common fault of this disk, it can easily be in fake ready status when there is firmware problem. In this case, it is in ready status, but cannot enter terminal mode with capacity shown as 3.8GB.
As is shown in figure:
Tips for MRT Pro
In this fake ready status, we can fix it by writing factory firmware JCXX.
6.When activating MRT software, if “The MRT SATA Controller is not yet activated, whether to activate it now? ” repeatedly appears on the screen, it is probably because the HDD serial number can not be extracted correctly by MRT software. To solve it, users can change the motherboard or store the software package in the USB disk. Besides these two ways, an easier and more effective way can solve this problem, that is, change Mass storage from AHCI mode to IDE mode in BIOS and then restart the computer. In this way, the problem can be solved.
7.For some videos in exe. format, you may not be able to open it and see a “failed 1” error. There are two possible reasons:1. the file name of the video contains Chinese 2.the path of the video is too long. The solution is to name the video with a short English name and copy it to a English folder with short name. Then the problem will be solved.
8.For the users of MRT Express and Ultra, they can enter the new Seagate utility but not able to enter the old Seagate utility. They will see below notification when they try to enter the old utility.
When users of MRT Express or Ultra want to enter the old Seagate utility, here is the solution.
Click menu “Help -> Upgrade device”, they can see there is a website. Click this link and return to the main interface, they will find they can enter the old utility now.
Please note that you can only enter one Seagate utility every time.