MRT data recovery software has been updated to a new official version on May 19th, 2016, and the new version number: 22.214.171.124
The new version of the download address is: http://en.mrtlab.com/downloads
Both Ultra and Express can download from the address above.
Free update! Free update! Free update again! Fantastic features have been added to this update: Seagate F3 series, 5400.6,5400.5,7200.4 series arbitrary head shielding. Virtual boot of DM series is added as well, which is created originally by MRT. PC3000 doesn’t have the function yet. This function has significance for the repair of DM series hard drives. For WD utility, USB hard drive decryption function has been optimized, and now more hard disks can be supported, which is a chargeable function in the PC3000. In addition, Boot ROM mode has been added in WD to read and write ROM, thus there is nothing to worry if Rom is written dead. This update is completely free, even providing some costly functions in other software! MRT has always been as a cost-effective professional software, and we will continue to use better products and services to repay the users’ support!
Let’s take a look at the main functions of this update:
1. Added online upgrade function. Enter the MRT main program, and click the menu “help -> product upgrades”. You can extract the upgrade code in the MRT user center, and then you can upgrade the online version to offline version, or repair version to full version by yourself,, without MRT’s intervention, which make it very convenient for the user.
2. For Seagate F3 utility, Patch repair function for Init SAMRT Fail, No HOST FIS-ReadyStatusFlags fault has been added. This function is used in the ROM tool to repair the malfunction that, when rebuilding translator, the terminal shows Init SAMRT Fail, and then rebuilding the translator fails, hard disk long busy, or to repair the malfunction that after the hard disk powers on, the terminal shows No HOST FIS-ReadyStatusFlags error message, and then the hard disk has not been ready all the time. Now users only need to generate a repaired ROM, and then write back to the hard disk, then these two failures can be solved.
3. Seagate F3 series, 5400.6,5400.5,7200.4 series arbitrary head shielding is added. Executing FMT operation in factory firmware for 5400.6 series hard disks is also added. These functions are mainly used for repairing hard disks, where FMT operation in the factory firmware can be used to repair the bad tracks, with a good effect.
4. Functions of decrypting the LM type, LT type hard disk, and reading and writing ROM in BootCode mode will appear in this update. MRT fast reading and writing ROM is a special feature. It only takes ten seconds to read and write ROM in BootCode mode, while it takes a minute or two for similar software.
5. Another original function of MRT, virtual boot function for DM series hard disk, will the highlight of this update. Any other similar software, including PC3000, doesn’t have this feature. DM series hard drives, such as DM001, DM003, have a common problem, that is, fake ready, that is, after the hard disk firmware is damaged, the hard drive can be ready after power on, but the capacity to identify is 3.8GB. At that time no ATA instructions can be performed, and users can’t enter terminal T level, thus can not perform any terminal instructions. Since any instruction can not be implemented, no hard disk can be repaired. This state is called fake ready fault. Fake ready is not the same with the firmware lock. With firmware lock, users is still able to enter the T-level, and also to perform a small number of instructions, but the fake ready state is that any instructions can not be implemented. There is no solution for this problem before, but now, MRT has launched its own solution, specifically to deal with fake ready DM hard drives, which is definitely a major breakthrough. Because this function is very complex, it is expected that domestic similar software are unable to introduce a similar function for at least one or two years, so we believe MRT can be the leading role in the DM series hard disk repair for a long time.
6.For WD utility, USB hard drive decryption for SW6316 series is optimized. After this update, MRT USB hard disk decryption function has been able to support a number of series of hard drives. Currently MRT and PC3000 are the only two data recovery tools on the market to support USB hard drive decryption of WD’s My Passport series. Other similar software has no such function. While the price of MRT is less than half of PC3000, so the price advantage is obvious.
7.For WD utility, we add a new function to read and write ROM in Boot Rom mode. Although MRT has the function of writing dead ROM, but short circuit to PCB board is needed. The operation is very complex, not many users can do that. Now MRT adds the Boot ROM mode, which allows reading and writing ROM through the COM serial port, without the need of short-circuit! And then we do not have to worry after ROM is hard to recover.
8.For DE utility, recovery of compressed files in NTFS system is now possible. PC3000 does not have this function, either. If you have PC3000, you can test. In PC3000 DE utility, if you want to extract compressed files in NTFS file system files, then the files will not be decompressed, so extracted files will be Garbled. MRT has now solved this problem. You can normally extract compressed files. In addition, the latest version of PC3000 has a bug, that is, if the DE task is mounted as a virtual disk, if you choose “read-only” mount, then you can not open the mounted disk in the Windows system, nor can expand files Inside. MRT does not have this problem. The DE task mounted as a virtual disk is also a special function, which needs complex research and development. Currently, in similar software only MRT and PC3000 have this function, which fully proves MRT’s high research and development level.
9. In DE utility, flow scanning function is added. This function is used when the file system structure is seriously damaged, directly restore files from the original data of the hard disk, which is a very commonly used function in system level data recovery.
The above is the important functions of this update. Please see the update log for more information.
MRT’s development is inseparable from your support!